This might go down as one of the best day trips I’ve been on. Lemme explain:
10:00 am – Sudden urge for adventure.
10:06 am – Looks up “fun out-of-town activities”.
10:12 am – Summons accomplice:
From then, the trip was a pure combination of “do what feels good” and “go with the flo(w)”.
Every new spontaneous thing we could think of magically worked out in the most perfect way:
- Cab driver that music produced an all-time classic
- The best breakfast – including pancakes, quick outfit change because …reasons(!)
- The perfect cab ride to the cliffs, windows down blasting OUR music
- Arriving, stunned by the views and running up the hill like excited mountain goats.
- The perfect playlist (including the entire Destiny’s Child album “The writings On the Wall”)
- Picnic ingredients to stay for the rest of the day
… oh and of course, there was champagne, the worlds most behaved dog, a harry and a group of exchange students to witness our joy.
What’s the takeaway? For me, it’s planning for and embracing the unplanned, good stuff.
To many more and very soon.