Brown rice dishes in winter … yeah, I want them all! This one is a go-to quick meal I make in bulk for quick mid-week meals.
Here is what you need:
Serving for 2 :
- ½ cup of cooked brown rice
- ⅓ cup of cooked kidney beans
- ⅓ cup chickpeas
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Pepper ( as much as you like)
- Cooked broccoli for garnish
- Fry the garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes, just until the garlic turns a little brown.
- Add the rice, beans and chickpeas and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and stir for a few seconds.
Serving idea: Scoop the mix into a bowl and simply upend it on a clean plate.
Garnish with cooked broccoli and add some homemade ketchup:
(optional) Homemade Ketchup:
Simply mix 2 Tsp. tomato purée with half a teaspoons of honey, a teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.