Still no date idea for Valentine’s Day? Well if you know me, you’ll know that a good date has to involve good food and good conversation. What better way to combine these two in an evening of making homemade pasta.
Here is what you need for the pasta dough:
- Remove the beetroot’s skin, cut it in small pieces and fry it in a pan for about 7 minutes.
- The rest of the ingredients together, add the roasted beetroot and mix until your dough forms a ball.
- Thuroughly knead your dough for 3-5 minutes and becomes soft and smooth.
- Once soft and smooth (no splitting or tearing) the dough is ready to be used.
- Sprinkle some flour on your the surface first, then roll out your dough with a rolling pin, or a glass bottle.
- Use any kind of cookie cutter you have and cut them into your preferred shape ( I used the lid of a jar I had). Cut out 2 pieces for one ravioli.
- Add the filling in the center of your first cut out and put the second one on top of it.
- Attach them by pressing down the edges with a form ( dip in water to avoid the fork sticking to the dough)
- Cook your ravioli in boiling water for 4-5 minutes tops – no longer!
- Take them out and let them cool off for a few minutes, done!
For the filling:
- 1 onion
- 2 mushrooms of your choice
- 2 baked sweet potatoes ( leave the skin on and bake for approx 30 minutes prior to using).
- a pinch of turmeric
- 1 garlic clove
- a few drops of truffle oil ( depending on the intensity of your oil )
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- a pinch of salt
- Add everything to a pan, fry for about 4 minutes, then blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add 1 chopped medium onion, 2 garlic cloves and 10 cherry tomatoes in a pan with a little bit of olive oil and black pepper.
- Fry for about 5 minutes then add salt and a few basil leafs for garnish.
I know the recipe is long but once you’ve made pasta for the first time , you’ll get the the hang of it and it will only take a few minutes to prepare everything.
The ravioli can easily be frozen and are a fantastic mealprep option.
I hope you have fun making them, I love this recipe and hope you will to!