Sustainable Weekend Getaway

Since I am a full-time student and have a part-time job during the week, I like to unwind, practice my hobbies and try out new things on the weekend. As a girl on a budget, I have to get creative with my ideas when it comes to holidays and weekend trips.

This week boyfriend and I spontaneously decided to borrow a tent from a dear friend, take our bikes and ride to the next camping spot just outside of Aarhus.

We found our perfect spot just up the hill, under an old oak tree next to a bench with a perfect view of the ocean. Magical!

We put up our tent (my first time ever putting up a tent by myself) and put all the snacks inside before we went down to the beach with homemade popcorn, gin and without our phones.

Without any recollection of time, we sat in front of our tent, looking at the stars that we are usually too busy to notice and chatted the night away.

We woke up with to the sun coming through the trees and after a quick snuggle and a barefoot walk outside, we decided it was time for some delicious breakfast.

Completely Zero Waste of course (butter wrapper is recyclable).

We stayed for a few more hours that went by faster than I had expected and then we packed up our tent, got on our bikes and went about the rest of our days……

…..leaving no trace.

Share:

8 Comments

1. October 4, 2017 / 6:30 pm

This sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend! Good for you on getting outside and enjoying nature!

• October 28, 2017 / 8:57 am

Oh it really was. Sometimes it really is just as simple as spending a little time in nature.💚☀️

2. October 5, 2017 / 3:59 am

It looks like you had a wonderful time, and I love that it was a no trace trip 😉 I’d like to do something similar, but I feel like there is no beautiful camping spots near me, but I guess I’d have to do my research!

Natalie | Natalie’s Alchemy

3. October 12, 2017 / 8:30 am

Lovely post, just what i needed to see before next week adventures. Going on a short birthday getaway to Wales, my friends are slightly less Eco friendly, so i will have to prepare in advance. :))
    Thanks for inspiration, glad i came across your blog. x

4. greta
    November 1, 2017 / 10:17 pm

I’m curious about what you packed for food. I’m going on a similar outing this weekend and am working on my meal planning for it. Just one night gone with some hiking around the next day. Like what are some ideas for food that’s zero waste and won’t spoil?

• November 3, 2017 / 9:25 am

Oh how cool! I am dying to go on my next camping trip but it is getting a little too cold now in Denmark for spontaneous camping trips. I packed potato salad, bread and bread spread, dried fruits and nuts, veggies like carrots and peppers and a few apples. I also brought homemade popcorn but they need to be eaten on the same day because they get soft overnight. I always like to bring things that can be eaten cold, I love cold pizza or lasagne, cold baked sweet potatoes on bread are also a huge favourite of mine. Have fun on your hiking trip ☀️

• greta