Homemade Vanilla Body Lotion- Vegan

When I say “this lotion is everything”, I mean it. Not only does it smell amazing, but it is super easy to make and free of all the crap conventional lotions contain. The best thing about it is that it functions as my face cream, body lotion, aftershave, makeup remover and I even use it for my hair. All in all the perfect lotion.

Here is what you need to make it yourself:

Benefits of the ingredients:

Shea butter is very moisturizing and
smoothing for the skin, while cocoa butter is high in antioxidants, which means it has
anti-aging benefits and is frequently used as a
stretch mark reducer. Vanilla extract is often used for the treatment
of acne and it is great for reducing pimples. Coconut oil is an essential ingredient for healthy skin growth and helps with keeping the skin smooth. Sweet almond oil helps to remove dark circles and inflamed skin and argan oil functions as a natural SPF being an effective treatment to soothe and heal burns and bumps after shaving.

All in all this lotion is all I use and all I’ll ever need as a beauty product for healthy and glowing skin and shiny bouncy hair.

Simply put all the ingredients in a glass bowl and heat them on the stove over boiling water. Once all the ingredients have melted, put them in the fridge for about 20 minutes.

After it has cooled down, whip it for about 2 minutes until it has the consistency of whipped cream.

Fill it in your favorite jar, done! Yup, it’s pretty easy.

Tip: This lotion is also great as a natural lubricant….juuust sayin’

I would love to hear about the lotion recipes you have tried out. Leave a comment or tweet me @thewastedblog using #diy

Share:

9 Comments

• August 2, 2016 / 8:18 am

Thank you Michael. Very kind of you to write ☀️

1. November 14, 2016 / 2:46 am

Really trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading..

• March 1, 2018 / 9:13 pm

That is so sweet, thanks so much! I’ll do my best to continue to post interesting content.

2. Poptarts
    February 24, 2017 / 11:22 pm

How long can we keep it 🙂 ?

• March 1, 2018 / 9:12 pm

If you keep it in the fridge, you can keep it up to 2 months easily. Basically as long as you would still use coconut oil.
      I keep mine outsite of the fridge and it usually lasts me a month before I run out, it has never gone bad on me.

3. Jane
    March 1, 2018 / 5:03 pm

Hi, i really like your blog!
    I have now tried the lotion but i can’t get the wipecreame texture. I didn’t put the argan oil, can that make the whole difference?
    Hope you cam help

• March 1, 2018 / 9:10 pm

Hi Jane, no, the argan oil shouldn’t make a difference. It does make a difference how long you whip it and how much liquid oil you put in. Can you let me know how you did it? Maybe I can figure out what went wrong!