Everyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed with bread. It doesn’t even have to be fancy, I prefer it with butter and salt and some vegetables. Since my mom is a dedicated bread baker, I was always spoiled with delicious homemade bread and when I passed my matura exams my graduation gift was a grain mill- yes, that’s my family 🙂 It took me some time to figure out the perfect recipe for homemade rolls but eventually, I think I can say that I now prefer them over store bought buns, which is why I’d like to share my recipe with you.
Here is what you need
- First, mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the warm water while kneading. After a few minutes the dough should not be too wet ( sticky). Put in a bowl and let it sit for 20 minutes with a towel over it.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- After the 20 minutes, form the dough into your desired shapes ( I like making pretzels or braids) and top with your favorite seeds ( I like sesame- poppy- and sunflower seeds).
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes and bake at 200°C.
- After 10 minutes turn the oven heat down to 180°C and bake for another 10 minutes, done.
I promise you, they are delicious and now, making them takes me less time then to go to my local organic bakery.