Since sushi is one of my all-time favorite foods and I could literallly eat several servings every single day, I figured out a healthy recipe that makes it possible for me to do exactly that 😉
- 3-4 Sheets of nori ( I particularly like the sushi-nori by Ruschin Makrobiotik)
- 1 1/2 Cups of cooked quinoa ( find the instructions on how to cook quinoa here)
- Chilli powder
- 1 Pepper/ Cucumber/ Avocado – whatever floats your boat
- Himalayan sea salt
- Pumpkin seed oil ( optional)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Season cooked quinoa with salt and chilli and then spread the quinoa thinly over the nori sheet but leave about an inch clear at the bottom.
- Make sure you don’t use too much quinoa and leave room for it to expand when rolled.
- Lay out your chosen filling in a thin line across the sheet and start rolling from the top.
4. When it is rolled use a bit of water to make the nori sheet stick.
5. Take a sharp knife and slice 1 inch rounds.
6. For the austrian twist drizzle a bit of pumpkin seed oil and balsamic vinegar on it. Done!